General Membership Policies:
The Brewton Area YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. We ask our members and guests to act in a caring, honest, respectful, and responsible way toward each other and the staff while on the facility.
• Profanity or abusive language is not permitted on any of the YMCA property.
• All YMCA properties are alcohol, tobacco, and drug free.
• Weapons or items that could be used as a weapon are not permitted on the property.
• Pets are not permitted on any YMCA property. Exception: Seeing-Eye Dogs.
• Shirts and appropriate shoes must be worn at all times except in the pool area or locker rooms.
• Bare midriffs are not permitted.
• Any clothing that has profanity, sexual, tobacco, or alcoholic connotations will not be permitted.
• Food and drinks permitted in vending area only.
• All damaged or maintenance problems must be reported to a YMCA staff member immediately.
• Members must vacate the YMCA property by the posted closing time.
• Parking areas are for YMCA participants, guests, and program participants only. Vehicles left in the parking lot after closing time will be towed at the owner’s expense. Only full-time staff and handicapped will be allowed in lower lot.
• The YMCA may terminate membership at any given time will reasonable cause. No refunds provided.
• The Brewton Area YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or illegal drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of illegal drugs, chemicals, or intoxicating beverages.
• Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property will result in termination of membership.
• YMCA members currently in the 7th grade or above are welcome to use the facility during normal hours of operation unattended by an adult. (You MUST be 18 in order to bring a guest however.)
• Please notify the YMCA staff immediately of any behavior that is abusive, inappropriate, or dangerous in nature.
• All reported incidents will be investigated. If you report an incident, we may need to contact you in order to complete the Incident Report.
E-cigarettes, vapes and other tobacco products are prohibited on YMCA property.